Work with Us
Join Our Team
Openings for the 2019/2020 Academic Year
- Design Technology - Whole School
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (IB - PYP) Coordinator
We highly value educators with experience in the IB curriculum, but it is not required.
Start date: August 1, 2019
Working days per academic year: 186
Contract length: 2+ years, see Academic Calendar
How to Apply
The Right Fit
- Do you value collaborative practice?
- Can you inspire a love for learning in students?
- Are you looking to grow professionally in an inclusive school environment?
- Are you an experienced and innovative educator?
If you answered yes, we would love to receive your application.
International School Dhaka is an exciting and dynamic school which is full of opportunities. As a school we are committed to the International Baccalaureate (IB) philosophy, beliefs and values and the growth mindset. We offer all three IB programs (PYP, MYP and DP) and we are committed to making sure all of our team members grow professionally during their time at our school.
Bangladesh is a colorful and dynamic country filled with pleasant surprises. There are many recreational, service and social opportunities within our supportive ISD community and throughout Dhaka.
In addition to a competitive salary, expatriate teachers and administrators are provided with:
- Free housing accommodations and utilities
- 10% retirement contribution from the school
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Yearly round-trip airfare to and from home city
- $2,000 moving allowance, plus extra for dependents
- 100% tuition benefit for dependents
- Many options for professional development
The school assists with setting up local bank accounts and expatriate staff are allowed to send up to 75% of their salary abroad. A single teacher can expect to save approximately $20,000 per year and a teaching couple with two children can expect to save about $35,000. Nanny and housekeeping services are very affordable, and a family of four can live on one salary.
All of this makes ISD a very special place to live and work.